No announcement yet.

Artillery em`s shoulderboards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am most suspect of the triple stitching, if you have three other identical Artillery pairs and with these there are four now of the exact same materials and piping that is enough for me to close the bag unless they were vet pick-up or you have had them before 1990 etc. This is what I am more accustomed to seeing, these were tailor-made.
    Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,

I glossed over the major contention on these boards(Triple stitching) The pairs I have had were without that extra line. The piping and base material looked to be the same.
      I cannot post the infantry boards because they went out on a repro tunic.
      I like the pair you posted with the thin felt material backing on the bottom of the board.

Fred

Comment

Thanks, those are from a man that was a driver for OKH in Berlin just prior to the War. I cannot think of any reason for and have not seen multiple stitching lines like this (aside from tress application). Nothing is of course "textbook" with tailor-made boards but this to me does not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          Thanks, those are from a man that was a driver for OKH in Berlin just prior to the War. I cannot think of any reason for and have not seen multiple stitching lines like this (aside from tress application). Nothing is of course "textbook" with tailor-made boards but this to me does not make sense.

Great pair of straps and good points, Johnny

Comment

Here is the set,
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X